It has finally been announced that the Teachers Pay Teachers Back to School sale will be this coming Monday and Tuesday (August 4th & 5th). I am very excited about this sale as I have a lot of new products that I have been working on to get ready for the new school year. I can't wait to use them in my own classroom and wanted to share a few of my favorites with you in case you want to use them in your own classrooms.
1. Restaurants of Mexico City Internet Activity - A fun activity where students use an online restaurant guide to find the perfect restaurant to take 4 different picky "clients". I like that this activity uses resources meant for native speakers and builds real-life skills. This is the kind of interpretive reading and problem-solving activity I wish I could do all the time!
2. Spanish Adjective Activities - I like that the activities incorporate all skill areas when practicing adjective agreement and description. These areas lend themselves well to speaking and writing, but it is important for students to get a chance to hear and see other people using adjectives. These activities do a good job of structuring that order.
3. Spanish Song Activity Bundle - I prefer using popular music rather than kiddish nursery rhyme type songs to teach vocabulary and grammar concepts. This is a collection of 10 of the best songs (and their accompanying activities) I use in Spanish 1 and 2 to teach a variety of grammar topics. The kids will want every one of these on their iPods.
4. Infographic Reading Activities - I have seen hundreds of great Spanish infographics and finally had a chance to create reading activities to go along with a lot of them. I currently have sets that would be appropriate for Spanish 1, 2, and 3. They are my favorite way to get kids reading and directly align with the ACTFL progress indicators for interpretive reading!
5. Yo Veo (I Spy) Vocabulary Game Kit - This kit comes with directions for two different game formats and 10 different playing cards to practice a wide range of vocabulary. I know my students will love this because it will be challenging and fun. I like it because it allows me to quickly and easily recycle old vocabulary!
These are just a few of my new products, but I have over 100 different products available in my store. Even if you have never purchased from Teachers Pay Teachers before (and I was once that person who said, "I'm never buying what I can make myself") please take a look. I buy a lot of lessons from other teachers because I finally realized what a bargain and time saver these products are. So, come check it out! Now is the perfect time!
I have been teaching Spanish for the past 15 years in a large Suburban School District.
More Blogs for Language Teachers