2. More than 90% of my students reached their speaking goal for the week (to be able to introduce themselves and another person). This is simply amazing considering I have a bit of a tough crew this year (academically speaking).
3. My son, who will be 2 in the beginning of December, is talking up a storm. He has always had a way of getting his point across, but when you are a language teacher, hearing those sentences is just magical. My favorite quotes of the week - "Harvey is a tough guy" and"Mommy eats caca".
4. I survived another Open House without making a complete fool of myself in front of parents (at least I think so).
5. A prescription I thought would not be covered by our increasingly crappy insurance was - yahoo!
2. The cat threw up on my new carpeting.
3. After a mild summer, the temperature has skyrocketed since our return to school a few weeks ago. Once again, I am one of the hottest classrooms in the school. Not only does it have no A/C, but the wall of single pane windows produces a greenhouse effect. To add insult to injury, the already thick, humid air was tainted even further when a skunk sprayed outside our window while we were in class. Oh, and I didn't even mention the non-stop flow of insects entering through said windows.